Thursday, April 4, 2013

JGIC Product Review: Dreaming of Spring

A big "thanks!" to J.Crew Guy In Canada who is graciously reviewing Men's items from J.Crew with us.
Like so many of you; it's cold and wintry here, hardly spring.  Which causes me to daydream of spring and spring wardrobe choices.

For the past several years a denim jacket has been a fixture in my spring closet.  Dark wash, trim and fitted.  Mine is a Tommy from a few seasons ago, but many companies make one.  Mine has been worn and washed into a medium denim so I'm eyeing up #30359.  But with a price of $160 Canadian I think I'll either wait for a promo or look for a Levis Trucker jacket which can be often found on sale.  A dark denim jacket looks great with wool pants, button down dress shirt and tie.  Totally sharp for a casual Friday or a dinner out.

If you don't need or want the wool pants why not try a five pocket option?  The slim-straight jean in rinsed wheat #94685 will work beautifully with the denim jacket and a white button down and yes a tie too.  'Crew has been showing cotton and linen ties which are nice, but I'm slightly old school and prefer silk like #40161 the silk Cambridge tie in large dot.  The polka dots is dressy but plays well with casual items as well.  Wanting a more casual look on top, switch out the button down and tie for a tee like #78126, the slub jersey pocket tee in surf stripe.  That's J.Crewese for a wide striped tee in soft cotton.  I like the old brick red to work best with the dark denim and the wheat jeans.

Shoe wise nothing says spring, to me, like suede.  Too precious to wear when it's wet and snowy, but with some protector spray you can bravely head out in a pair like the Kenton suede wing tip in Sahara or if you're brave and wanting to bold try it in navy.  Just be sure to dodge the puddles.  A pair of retro sneakers brings the whole look even more casual so why not try the Nike pre-Montreal sneaker #64477 in orange blue.  I love a bright sneaker in spring and summer.  They're sneakers, so have fun with them and embrace the bright colours.  And the waffle sole makes it even better.

Last thing on my spring list is the vintage fleece shawl-collar pullover #95028.  J.Crew has been pushing the shawl-collar for the past few years, but they haven't jumped the shark on this look yet.  This is basically a dressed up sweatshirt which is completely why I like it and already have two.  More polished than a basic pullover sweatshirt but not too serious.  And so much easier to wash than a wool or cotton sweater.

So while I look out the window at all that snow I know somewhere Spring is coming, it's just that her flight was delayed..
Another fantastic review! "Thanks!" again to J.Crew Guy In Canada for his take on Spring "must haves" for Men! These items definitely take away the Winter-blues that many of us have been facing.

I know for myself, I am ready to say good-bye to Winter and hello to warmer temperatures. There are definitely a few pieces in my wardrobe that I am ready to retire (yes, I am looking at you Wintress Puffer ...till next season) and other pieces I am ready to spring out of the closet (I am talking about some polka dot Tippi sweaters!) What Spring pieces are you excited about wearing?
 
What are your thoughts on J.Crew's Spring collection? Do you own any of the items mentioned in this post? If so, please share with us your review. :)

1 comment:

  1. 'That's J. Crewese' and 'her flight was delayed'??? You are killing me. Awesome review. :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)