Tuesday, May 29, 2012

J.Crew of Season's Past: {a look in the closet}

It's that time again, to take a look at an image of J.Crew pieces from seasons past! As caribbelle (in this post) so beautifully termed, "ye olde j crew of yore".

This post features a page from J.Crew's Collection from Spring 2008. The whole outfit is stunning. I love how all the pieces work together- from the gray polka dot shorts, to the rustic red top, to the pops of yellow. Well done!

What are your thoughts on the look(s)/item(s) from the past? Do you find the look(s)/item(s) classic or do you think they are dated?

6 comments:

  1. I actually think this outift is the perfect example of what Tom Mora is describing in the article above. This outfit still looks fresh, and a variation is seen even now in the J Crew catalogue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's amazing is that I would never in a million years combine these individual pieces, yet somehow together they all look just right. And I agree with WMM. This look is not dated at all. I just wish I could put things together this way on my own, arrgghh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely outfit and you can identify the date thanks to the nude, makeup tones that were so popular back then. You could still wear the outfit but it looks a bit colorless for 2012. Each piece is fine and wearable, just swap out one or two pieces to add a bit more color and bring it up to date. Or wear it as is for a subtle look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gray and yellow with the pop of rust. I would totally buy those shorts and I'm not much of a shorts girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually really like this outfit...except the shorts need to be knee length for me...it feels sophisticated for some reason.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)