Tuesday, May 15, 2012

J.Crew of Season's Past: {a look in the closet}

It's that time again, to take a look at an image of J.Crew pieces from seasons past! As caribbelle (in this post) so beautifully termed, "ye olde j crew of yore".


This post features the Wild Daisy-Print Dress ($170). I want to say it came out in 2006, but I could be off by a year or two. This shift dress has a beautiful over-sized daisy print in navy. The fitted bodice with a full skirt makes it a classic shape. Gorgeous!

What are your thoughts on the look(s)/item(s) from the past? Do you find the look(s)/item(s) classic or do you think they are dated?

10 comments:

  1. I have this dress and I wear it every summer without fail! It's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one! I'd wear it now if I owned it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with FFM, if I had it I would continue to wear it. It's a classic print and cut. Not too busy, and you cannot go wrong with navy and white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recently bought this dress off ebay and wore it to my university graduation this weekend, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I snagged this off of ebay last summer and I can't wait to break it out!! :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this dress in a size 2 if anyone is interested. I wore it to my college graduation a few years ago and haven't been able to fit into it since :(. I have no idea what I would sell it for but it is in perfect condition.

    kjbeller(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This dress is gorgeous! I would love to score one in a size 6 or 8. Question for the lucky JCAs who own this beauty - how is the fit? Thanks!

      Delete
    2. @patsmosjd - I have a size 8 I am looking to sell if you are still interested. I can provide measurements if you need. My email is yay.email@gmail.com. Thanks!

      Delete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)