Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Random Comments from this JCA

Two things I thought I would mention...

First, many of you have requested that I go through the JCA Blog Roll Call and update it. Consider it done! :) That means I added a few blogs that I thought would make great additions (welcome aboard "That Damn Green Dress" & "Only Boring People Are Bored"!) and removed others that have not been updated in a month or more. The JCA Blog list is long (100+ blogs) and I want to make sure that the ones up are active.

Also, some of you have requested that I use Blogger's Blog List function where it lists the most recently published blogs first. As I understand it (& please correct me if I am mistaken), that version of blog roll call takes up a lot of space per blog followed. Moreover, it only shows the top few blogs being updated if one has a long list. (As oppose to the whole list of blogs followed.) I prefer seeing all the blogs mentioned, so I plan on keeping the format as is.

Second, blogger has a SPAM comment feature (that I cannot even opt out of) that sucks big time. I didn't check my SPAM folder until recently and most (as in 85%) of the comments were legitimate JCA comments. (Yet, it seems that 85% of the SPAM comments gets published to the blog with no problem. Grrr.) I will try my best to keep up with the SPAM folder, but it won't be every day unfortunately. So if you think you published a comment and can't see it, chances are Blogger stuck it in the SPAM folder. In that case, just try publishing your comment again.

And now back to J.Crew... :)

10 comments:

  1. Aw, thank you for adding my blog, Alexis! I appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping me!
    http://magpiestyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for keeping If the Lamp Shade Fits around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alexis,

    I have no blog to be kept, but I really appreciate your work on behalf of us all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the effort you put in this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks SO much for all that you do, Alexis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for keeping Ginger Girl on the roll call! Present and accounted for! ;-)

    And thank you again for all that you do in running this amazing community! That blog roll has introduced me to some fabulous bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Alexis! I have no blog, but I love reading all of the JCA blogs I've discovered through you. My husband calls the JCA blog my gateway drug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Than you Alexis for all of your hard work on maintaining this blog. I have made so many connections thru this gateway it is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)