Wednesday, December 28, 2011

J.Crew's Jenna Lyons Look of the Day

"Thanks!" to Slastena (in this post) who shared a post over at StyleList (click here) about Jenna Lyons:
J. Crew's Jenna Lyons Stuns In Separates: Look Of The Day
By Sarah Leon
December 16, 2011

WHO: J.Crew Creative Director Jenna Lyons
WHAT: Lyons kept it simple, yet chic in a white top, black leather pants and camel coat. Nude pumps with black tips and ankle straps tie the whole look together.
WHERE: The 6-foot tall designer was spotted at a dinner to celebrate CFDA-favorite Joseph Altuzarra at The Vinatta Project in New York on December 14.
Although I have no idea where her arms/hands are, Jenna looks good in this outfit. But I am curious about her coat- I can't tell if it is too big for her (is it a man's coat?) I am intrigued by her shoes too. I think I like them! :)

What are your thoughts about Jenna Lyons outfit? Do you like her style? Can she pull off the coat?

9 comments:

  1. I actually love her style here, it's classic minimalism at its finest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coat looks like it could go either way. Anyhow, missing arms aside, I think the outfit on a whole looks nice. The leather pants & shoes are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the oversized coat, but I don't like the ankle wrap on the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i quite like this..sort of french minimal chic. the coat does seem a size or 2 too big though--tough to tell if slipping the arms through might help!

    i think the shoes are isabel marant from a couple seasons ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn from Vancouver here...
    It just seems this woman can wear anything and look good...she also pulls off mixed prints together like no one else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like she's channeling Tilda Swinton here...You need to have a lot of confidence to pull the look off and I think Jenna does pretty well :)...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a Celine coat and I'm crazy jealous that she has one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That coat looks like one from the Fall Lookbook but they never produced it for JCrew customers, at least not online anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)