Friday, September 30, 2011

Madewell Email: Weekend excitement: Extra 25% off sale (online & in stores)

"Thanks!" to many of you, including wellfedfred (in this post), who shared the following email from Madewell this morning.

Madewell is offering an additional 25% off their Sale (click here to shop online) and free shipping on $100+ with code WHYNOT. This promotion ends Sunday, October 2, 2011! The fine print:
*No exchanges, no returns on items marked as final sale. Offer valid in Madewell stores and at madewell.com only. Offer does not apply to previous purchases or the purchase of gift cards. 25% off discount applies to sale items only. Free shipping offer applies to orders shipped via ground shipping totaling $100+ after 25% discount and before shipping, handling and taxes are added. Offer valid through Sunday, 10/2/2011, 11:59pm ET. Savings are applied at checkout with code WHYNOT. Offer not valid on phone orders. Cannot be combined with any other promotion. Limit one promotional code per order. Details of offer are subject to change.
It is great that this promotion runs in Madewell stores too. (Especially since the similar SHOPNOW promo for 30% off sale at J.Crew was not applicable for in-store purchases.)

Will you be checking out the Sale section at Madewell? Are there any items you are interested in getting? If so, please share. :)

7 comments:

  1. i'm interested in the silk safari dress, anyone know what the sizing is like?
    in j crew i am usually a 4-6 in dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried on that dress at my local Madewell store, I am a size 0 in dresses at Madewell and JCrew between 00 or 0. I find that Madewell sizes are more TTS, I tried on the size 0 and it fits me, it's a beautiful dress. HTH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks joelle! i will probably get a six since i'm more pear-shaped the top will be a bit large but i can always get that taken in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has anyone tried the belle by Sigerson Morrison flats at Madewell? Wondering if they are comfortable and as cute IRL as they look online.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following up on my own question, I called Madewell and they recommended to order the belle by Sigerson Morrison pony flats a 1/2 size up because of the narrow, pointed toe. They are backordered until December 2 so I placed the order this morning to take advantage of the free shipping with WHYNOT. I'll be sure to write a review when they arrive. I don't wear flats often but I saw Slastena wear a similar pair of shoes on her blog and I fell in love with the look.

    I was scouring the interwebs for reviews but couldn't find any on this particular shoe. There are other versions but they are straight ballet flats and don't have the interesting vamp. Reviews for other shoes by the same label are positive though and these do have the required (by me) leather lining and sole.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To follow up on my own comment, I called CS and they advised to order 1/2 size up in the belle by Sigerson Morrison pony flats. I placed my order and they are all backordered until December 2.

    I don't wear flats very often but I saw Slastena wear a pair of similar flats on her blog and I fell in love with the look. I couldn't find reviews for this shoe in particular but the brand gets good reviews and they have leather sole and insole, which is important to me.

    I'll be sure to provide a review when I get them, hopefully they will ship sooner than the listed date.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)