Tuesday, September 27, 2011

J.Crew Email: Fall's must-have boots

"Thanks!" to Irina, who shared the following email from J.Crew today.

The email features both the Booker Boots (item 49121; $298.00) and the Booker Tall Midheel Boots (item 48300; $348.00).

"Thanks!" to Amy (in this post) who shared her review:
I can't comment on the flat Bookers, but I had the tall mid-heel Bookers in black in my possession for several weeks before I finally returned them. I really loved these boots, and I am a bit of a skeptic when it comes to JC shoes and bags. The leather was very nice and the boots were absolutely perfect in every way, except the shaft was way too high on me (it hit in the middle of my knee cap; I'm just under 5'4"). It was not the look I was going for, so I reluctantly returned them. I didn't try the flat Bookers instead because 1) I really wanted a heeled boot and 2) I didn't think the 1" difference in the shaft would translate to any real difference on my leg. Anyway, gorgeous boot. I wish they had worked out for me!
All three shades (masala chai, black and chocolate) look fantastic for Fall! From the sound of it, it seems like it is best to see these in-person (to make sure they look right).

What are your thoughts on the Booker Boots? Have you seen or tried these boots? If so, please share! :)

8 comments:

  1. They look cute, but I saw an almost identical pair in the Superstore (Joe Fresh brand) for only $99.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look of these too, and ordered them just to see them IRL (backordered till 10/12) - but I'm so not confident in the quality, especially at that price point. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying for the flat Booker in masala chai. I'm trying to figure out whether I would need the extended calf version as they don't have a zipper and, as a runner, I have a bit of muscle in my calves... Also waiting for next month's budget as I am cut off for the rest of this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw these in-store in the black color. The leather seemed like a nice buttery-soft quality but I was shocked how thin it was. I definitely would be concerned about longevity. I am interested in trying them out but not for $298-348. Every other retailer has offered promos on their boots: LEC's emerson wedges (very reminiscent of a pair by LR), Madewell's archive boots and the Tory Burch Selmas to name a few.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried the flat ones on in the store and ended up bringing home the masala chai color. The leather is extremely buttery soft, but they were fairly scratched when I saw them - I am hoping they will wear well over time...They ran 1/2 size big on me and the shaft is rather wide - enough to fit my jeans into them without a struggle. They were tall, which i like and came to just below my knee cap. Still debating whether to keep them or return - i am just unsure how they will hold up with scratches, rain, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Appreciate it! Seikk Mag

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)