Tuesday, October 12, 2010

J.Crew Fall/Holiday 2010 Insiders Fashion Event {NYC}

"Thanks!" to Tina Z (in this post) who shared some exciting news with us.

J.Crew and American Express are teaming up for a one-of-a-kind fashion event. The following are the details. To sign up click here.
J.Crew Fall/Holiday 2010 Insiders Fashion Event

American Express® Cardmembers can experience an exclusive private shopping event hosted by the visionaries behind the J.Crew design team: Jenna Lyons, President and Executive Creative Director, Frank Muytjens, Vice President of Men's Design and Marissa Webb, Vice President of Women's Design. Shop the Fall/Winter 2010 collection while the designers give you personal styling ideas, provide insight on their inspiration for the collection, and reveal the must-have items for fall. Enjoy a savory fall menu of festive cocktails and delicious hors d'oeuvres to the sounds of a live DJ. All attendees will receive a $25 gift card upon arrival, a 15% discount applied to all* purchases that evening, a gift for purchases over $150, an exclusive gift bag with an item selected by the design team and a VIP card for 20% off your next online purchase. Offers are only valid when using an American Express card. Tickets must be purchased with an American Express card.

Event Date: 10/28/10
Location: J.Crew Fifth Avenue store in New York ,NY
Price: $25.00
First, this event sounds a-m-a-z-i-n-g! Just meeting all those members of the design team is great. The additional gifts are fantastic! Second, it's weird to see a cost of $25 to attend. However, I totally think it is worth it. Just the $25 card gift card alone makes it even-stevens for me. Third, I do not have an American Express card, but now I want to get one.

This event is the kind of event that should be offered by J.Crew to J.Crew credit card holders. Maybe they will take note on what to give card members next.

Will you be attending this event? If so, please share! :)

16 comments:

  1. How fun! I look forward to hearing about it from those who get to attend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi,
    I know 86 here today. No interest in sweaters or wool blazers!

    Event sounds wonderful. I assume American Express is paying for it?

    That is why JCrew would not consider it for cardholders but I agree they should hold something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous sounds like so much fun I would love to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't resist, just bought my way in. ;) I do think the $25 charge is really weird -- if it were going toward a charity or something it would seem more justified. At least the gift card balances it out. I am looking forward to it and it's a nice perk for Amex members.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous! Would love to attend something like this. Have fun, those of you who attend! And please do a review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I was in New York:) It would be totally worth it.

    Have fun & I'm looking forward to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I caved. There was a 2 tickets limit, fyi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can those who signed up tell me at what time the event is going to take place? I have a conflict that sme evening (curriculum night at school) but maybe I can run there once I am finished. Would love to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to go, but I suspect it'll be so crowded that it won't be much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would go if: A) It didn't require an American Express card (seriously, those cards suck) and B) It was in other places besides NYC. I get that they are based there, but first they opened the bridal boutique there with the expectation, I guess, that brides have extra cash lying around to spend on flights to New York for their overpriced gowns and now, an "exclusive" invite IF you use American Express. It makes hate AmEx that much more! Ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to go but you need an AmEx just to buy tickets or make a purchase? I use my MasterCard debit for EVERYTHING so I guess that excludes me! Disappointed :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to hear about what the special goodies are. The last couple of events I read about here, they gave away $10 totes. And isn't it a tad ironic that AMEX is partnered up with JC? I use AMEX to shop JC because the card's return policy negates JC's Final Sale. You can return just about anything through AMEX's program.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a friend who wants to go, but it's sold out. Does anyone have an extra ticket? I have mine - just need one for her!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I went to get my tickets and it was sold out!

    OT I just applied to work at this JCrew. Does anyone else work at this JCrew?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will actually be working at the event :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)