Tuesday, August 24, 2010

J.Crew Email: Falling for Jenna's Picks (plus, FREE SHIPPING)

"Thanks!" to many of you, including Marietta, who let us know about J.Crew's most recent email, which showcases all of Jenna Lyons' picks for the latest catalog. Click here to view all the items selected.

The theme for these picks are:
Dip into our treasure chest of tactile delights featuring a few luxe highlights from J.Crew Collection– A bit of fluff, a smidgen of silk, a little lace and some sparkle, of course, buttery leather and so-soft flannel help round out the mix.
From her selections, the one I like the most is the Crystal Parade Necklace (Item 31569; $150.00). It looks super glam with all its crystals. Can you imagine how amazing it would look under a crisp white blouse? Loves it!

But why, oh why, did she select the Martinete Feather Jacket (Item 29084; $1,200.00)?!? Let's overlook the ridiculous price tag for a second. The jacket would make anyone (including that fabulous model posing in it) look like a rejected Muppet character from Jim Henson's Dark Crystal.

What are your thoughts on the items selected? Do you like the color palette? Which items would have made your top picks of new arrivals that you are loving this month?

10 comments:

  1. If they had to do a $1200. item, I would have thought it would be the delicious looking cashmere popover. It was sold out the first day but if they did a less expensive version that was just as soft, I would get it, I thought it was adorable for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To each her own... If I were young and wealthy I might choose that feather number. I am too practical and androgyny loving to appreciate much more than the shirts and accessories. Love the leather jacket but must stop repeating myself! I like to see the breadth of the "picks" it would be so boring if we all liked the same thing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That feather jacket is hideous and your rejected Muppet reference is too funny.
    I'm just completely turned off by these exotic (Marabou feathers, Mongolian lamb skin/wool, etc) animals turned into clothing and bags.
    I'm not a vegan but this just gives me the creeps.
    I might try the plaid shirts since I don't have any plaid in my wardrobe but other than that nothing from Jenna's picks interests me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ughhh I hate all the new super high, chunky, platform shoes. Trashy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Em, ITA about the shoes. I know I need to change with the times but big platforms shriek "stripper" to me and I can't swing that in my office.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No surprises here. Looks like she didn't put any effort into this at all. Um, effortless?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Hexicon: LOL. Feathers AND platforms, latest gear to "effortlessly" look like your neighbourhood pole dancer.

    Plaid shirts won't cut it in my office. I'll look like a field superintendent.

    I've looked and looked and looked at the new roll out, trying to find tops that are office appropriate and machine washable, and I came up with only 3 items. Hope springs eternal...maybe the next rollout?

    ReplyDelete
  8. On the plaid shirts, I think you're supposed to dress them up, wear with a cute sweater or jacket and jewelry. One of the posters here, can't remember, dressed it up with a skirt but I haven't tried that yet. You know who has really cute and high quality plaid shirts is...A&F?! I took my son for school clothes and was amazed at the quality of the cotton on the men's side. Beautiful, heavy cotton for $70., navy patterns on a crisp white. We got two for him but I'm sorely tempted to check out the ladies side sometime

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't really care for any of the picks this time around ... I am digging those 2 plaid shirts on the first image you posted, where one seems to be nested inside the other ... I'll definitely keep an eye out for those during my sale searches this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those shoes but the prices are out of my league. If the shoes are anything like those from the past, they will be incredibly uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)