Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Jenna Lyons In Coastal Living Magazine {what's in her beach bag}

"Thanks!" to Rachel & Michelle, who let us know that J.Crew's Jenna Lyons is featured in the recent edition of Coastal Living Magazine (click here). The image above comes from the "Oh, Jenna." post over at the "Hello Gorgeous" blog. Just click on the image to view it larger too.

The article on Jenna discusses all the items that would be found in her beach bag. It also shares the following:
Jenna Lyons
creative director at J.Crew

With a vacation routine that calls for playing in the sand, family naps, and sunset watching, Jenna Lyons is as relaxed as a pair of boyfriend chinos.

Claim to fame: Jenna lends her own style to the J.Crew brand, mixing masculine and feminine, tailored and sweet- a standard tee gets a beaded neckline; a pencil skirt gets a frayed edge. Affectionately called "Commander in Chic" by her staff, she's helped make J.Crew the headquarters for basics with a twist.

Favorite beach resort: "Amanyara, on Turks & Caicos, is beautiful and close.Leave New York City at 9a.m. and you're in a bikini sipping cocktails by 1 p.m."
Her bag: "I have a great bag made out of an actual sail, witch chunky rope handles."
The picture of her and her son is adorable! I also liked all her picks.

What are your thoughts on the article? What items would you take from Jenna's beach bag? ;)

9 comments:

  1. where's the "she's pretty" swimsuit on the jcrew website? i didn't see it anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has an instant film camera! That is so cool -- I thought they were extinct! I must get one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favs of her favs are the camera (totally agree with SallyO) and the Hoegaarden beer! That is one of the best beers I've ever tasted, everyone must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute "Beach Bag" page- I love these quick snipets on people & their personalities. I wish that tunic was still available!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Alexis!

    I have a Post Idea: Ask everyone what's in THEIR Beach Bag this summer.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does anyone know where you can get simlar looking sunglasses to the A.R. Trapp troubadour sunglasses
    $395.00 on the webiste? I love them but am not ready to commit to the price tag yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another option is the original Polaroid (instant camera). It's been re-released.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hat...I actually have a similar one that I wear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a little in love with her tote bag. Totally agree about Hoegaarden -- I don't like beer but this is one amazing. And I'm with SallyO, I want that camera!

    I saw that tunic in one of the Columbus stores last week and disregarded it because it didn't go with my bathing suit, but I'm kind of regretting not trying it on...

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)