Thursday, May 27, 2010

J.Crew's Bridal Boutique is Now Open for Business!


We have been waiting for this for some time now (refer to May 14th "J.Crew Email: Our very own wedding announcement" post and April 8th "J.Crew's First Wedding Boutique is Coming Soon!" post). Now the time has arrived... It's officially open: J.Crew's first stand alone Bridal Boutique in NYC!

J.Crew also shared the video above with the following note:
Our big day is here! Our very first bridal boutique is now open at 769 Madison Avenue at 66th Street, New York City. Watch our behind-the-scenes video of a wedding paradise in the making.
I love these behind-the-scenes looks. Everything looks so pretty! There is also an article over at the Huffington Post (click here) that sheds some light on what to expect:
J.Crew Opens First Bridal Store
By Huffington Post

May 27, 2010


J.Crew has opened the doors to its first bridal store, WWD reports. Located at 769 Madison Avenue in Manhattan, the French-style salon combines wedding garb with the J.Crew sensibility. Dresses run from $229 up to $3,500, but that's not all that shoppers will find on the racks.


Bearing in mind the before and after parties, rehearsal dinners and the honeymoon night, there are separate areas on the first floor for cashmere sweaters, handbags, shoes, jewelry, lingerie and a new 769 Collection of cocktail and evening dresses, tuxedo jackets and harem pants. Much of the assortment, J.Crew executives boast, incorporates fabrics from some of the finest Italian mills, such as Clerici Tessuto and Canepa, yet without the expected sticker shock.
There's also makeup, perfume and headpieces.

J.Crew Group president Tracy Gardner summed things up, saying, "We're not fancy here. We're still J. Crew, but it's an elevated experience."
The location for the new store is:
769 Madison Avenue
(at 66th Street)
New York, NY 10065

What are your thoughts on the Wedding Boutique on Madison Avenue? Are you excited about its arrival? Do you think you will shop there? :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm really excited for the wedding boutique, but I wish that I was closer. I'm not engaged (ahem...yet), but I think it will be worth a trip once I am. I love that they included pieces other than wedding gowns and bridesmaids dresses. I'm definitely looking ahead and thinking that I want my bridesmaids to wear J.Crew dresses, but I'm not a big fan of their wedding gowns. I guess I have more traditional tastes and like the more traditional Kleinfeld-ish dresses. I'd maybe consider a J.Crew gown for a beach wedding or as a reception dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I wasn't already married! This is such a great idea. I love their wedding and bridesmaid dresses. Hopefully I'll have a friend that needs to pick out a wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice behind the scene video of the bridal boutique getting ready for it's grand opening. love the music... anyone knows what's the song?? thxs :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)