Wednesday, April 28, 2010

J.Crew Spotted in InStyle Magazine

A big "thanks!" to DrDrama (check out her {lovely} drbabymamadrama blog), who not only let us know about several J.Crew items being spotted in the May 2010 issue of InStyle Magazine, but also scanned the images for us to view! (Click on the images to see them larger.)

The article on the left features a pair of chinos. Not sure which exact pair they are, but they are similar to the Broken-in Boyfriend Chino (Item 12953; was $69.50 select colors $59.50) in Light Khaki. The article mentions putting together a look with a tailored jacket & pants that are cropped. They suggest rolling the legs about 3 inches above the ankle. When the rolling-up-pants look made its comeback a few months ago, I scoffed at it. All these horrible visions of pegging my acid-wash jeans in the 80's came rushing back. However, the look has grown on me. I now think it is quite cute to wear!

The article on the right features the Suckered Gingham Shirt (Item 26238; $69.50) in Golden Mustard & Abyss Blue. I love the classic look of these shirts! Apparently the gingham style is making a comeback too because I have been seeing versions of this shirt everywhere this Spring. For example, Land's End Canvas has the Women's Gingham Poplin Shirt (Item #39093-6X42; $44.50) and the Gap has the Gingham Western Shirt (Item 735443; $54.50).

What are your thoughts on the rolled-leg look for chinos? What are your thoughts on the items featured in the magazine? Have you tried on or purchase any of the items listed here? If so, please share! :)

7 comments:

  1. Unrelated, but I received my uncatalogued yesterday, and to my excitement there was a 20% off any amount online until May 9! Was anyone else this lucky? Did we already discuss and I missed it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the rolled legs look and I think with heels it looks cute. I still don't have any Gingham pattern except for my vintage apron. I think Gingham shirts look best when worn with a vest, jacket or cardigan. I'd rather get the cheaper version than JCrew full price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a 20% off coupon too, Allison! Very excited especially if it has not expired when the new stuff comes out in a few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both chinos and gingham. I already have a ton of both in my closet. I need to study this article for some styling ideas, since I don't seem to wear them as much as I'd like to.

    I didn't receive either a catalog or a discount code, but I guess that's ok since I don't need a single thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I never received an April catalog, I was excited to get both the May catalog and the 20% discount code!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Help! I tried on a dress about a month ago in the store, and now I can't find it online. I'm also having a tough time tracking it down in the stores. It was a strapless dress, it came in navy, slate, and maybe a lilac. Cotton. With a tiered skirt. Anyone happen to know the style number?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the rolled legs look - although I do it only in my jeans (I don't wear khakis - although I love the look on others - I just can't seem to find a pair I feel comfortable in) - BUT - I feel here in the Midwest I seem to be about the only early 40ish woman wearing my jeans rolled! I often wonder if I'm too "old" for the look. I agree with jcrewphd - I like the gingham with something layered - otherwise on me it seems "too much".

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)