Wednesday, March 17, 2010

J.Crew Spotted in Harper's Bazaar

A big "thanks!" to Desert Flower, who not only let us know about a J.Crew item being spotted in the March 2010 issue of Harper's Bazaar, but also scanned the image for us to view! (Click on the image above to see it larger.)

The item featured is the Lipstick Gold Foil Pencil Skirt (Item 22949; $178.00). J.Crew describes this little number as:
Our perfect pencil silhouette—leg lengthening and fit to flatter—updated for spring in a gorgeous rose-gold foiled cloquĂ© with a grosgrain ribbon waistband. Prepare for compliments. Italian silk/metallic threads/nylon. Sits at waist. Back zip. Back vent. Fully lined. 24" long. Part of the J.Crew Collection.
Luckily for us, there are several real life images of this dress over at Anya's Simply J.Crew blog (refer to the "Lipstick gold foil pencil skirt" post).

I am unsure if I like the the gold foil finish on the skirt. I also think this is the kind of pencil skirt that looks amazing on some JCAs (e.g. Anya) and ridiculous on other JCAs (e.g. me).

What are your thoughts on the Lipstick Gold Foil Pencil Skirt? Do you like (or dislike) the fabric/ gold foil finish for the skirt? Have you purchased or tried this skirt on? If so, please share! :)

13 comments:

  1. New promo - 20% off dresses through Friday. Price as marked. Excludes wedding dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no price change yet on the dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the skirt is beautiful, and agree that it looks amazing on Anya, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of new additions to the final sale section!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The skirt is amazing on Anya! I ordered it, but it has too much gold IRL for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rynetta, if you had kept it, how do you think you would have styled it? I'm kind of in love with it and I can't decide if there is a way to make it day appropriate or its really a special occassion and evening type garment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Skirt is very pretty. I'm also loving the Cole Haan sandals at the bottom of the article! Like I need more shoes...;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This skirt looks gorgeous on Anya. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my most favorite skirt by J.Crew to date - love, love, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Desert Flower,

    I actually had a conversation with my PS about whether or not the skirt was too dressy for everyday wear. I'm a college professor, so I was really concerned about that too.

    My PS and I decided to style it the way the that Anya has it styled on her blog. I LOVE the way that Anya has the skirt styled with the chiffon-forget-me-not cardigan, and my PS suggested adding the pastel petal perfect shirt. HTH, I'd LOVE to see a pic of your outfit! Here's the link to Anya's great blog/outfit--http://simplyjcrew.blogspot.com/2010/02/lipstick-gold-foil-pencil-skirt.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alexis,
    Thanks for giving me some publiciity. I had over 100 visitors on my blog today - it's great.
    I rarely comment or post on your blog, but I do read it daily.
    Thank you so much for creating and especially for maintaining such wonderful blog.
    I love JCA.
    And thank you, guys, for all your wonderful comments.
    ~Anya

    ReplyDelete
  12. The skirt is pretty but totally inappropriate for my office and lifestyle. It really does look lovely in Anya's picture though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks really nice on Anya especially with the cardigan. But it's not for me. In California I am afraid I might look and feel like a 'baked potato'. As for family holidays I just know I will be the at the receiving end of numerous 'Christmas Cracker' jokes.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)