Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Madewell Email: Shine on this season

"Thanks!" to Marietta who shared the email Madewell sent yesterday.

The email features the Cascade Stone Necklace which is described as "swingy, sparkly and impossibly stylish: it's the necklace of the season".

I rarely say this (when it comes to Madewell, let alone their jewelry), but love, love, love the necklace! Although I would not pile on a thousand necklaces like their stylist does, I think two strands of the Cascade Stone Necklace would look absolutely lovely with any outfit.

If I am not mistaken, I also believe this is the necklace that J.Crew's Jenna Lyons wore while on the Martha Stewart Show last week (refer to the "J.Crew's Jenna Lyons to Appear with Martha Stewart..." post).

What are your thoughts on the Cascade Stone Necklace? Do you like or dislike the style? Are you a fan of Madewell's jewelry? :)

Quick Poll: What do you think of Madewell's Cascade Stone Necklace?

4 comments:

  1. Shopbop also has a Madewell Opera necklace- very pretty and reasonably priced. Just wish it had a clasp or a ribbon closure- I think the rhinestones would catch on my hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty but is it heavy, Heidi? After my BR multi-strand stone necklace a few years ago, I always check the weight of stone necklaces. The BR one was so heavy that it hurt my neck and eventually broke the cute crocheted "clasp." The stones were beautiful, though. I used them to make several necklaces and I still have some left over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The necklace is actually very different from what is pictured in the e-mail. It is multiple strands, but all of them are chains, save just one rhinestone necklace. You can see it on Madewell's website, number 4 of 4 in jewelry.

    I was told that the round, clear-stone necklace Jenna was wearing on the MS show (the one that is close to her neck) is part of her private collection and will not be available for sale. Darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi - Thank you so much for the Shopbop.com tip. I couldn't decide between the necklace you ordered- the grosgrain and rhinestone necklace - and the the rhinestone Opera necklace. I just ordered the Opera and received free shipping. This blog and it's members have saved me a ton and introduced me to some really great items that I may have never purchased and helped me to pass on others due to fit and quality. I look forward to reading this blog every morning.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)