Thursday, December 10, 2009

J.Crew's Gunmetal Matelassé Skirt {don't like at my butt!}

Once in awhile, J.Crew's "people" (whoever they are) will miss something in the images used for their catalog and online images– from a safety pin (refer to the "J.Crew's Pinning Habit {c'mon now!}" post), to ironing out wrinkles, to moving around pockets (refer to the "J.Crew Mini-Bloopers: Tuileries & Frenchie Jacket" post), to much more.

"Thanks!" to Nina who found a tear in the backside of the Gunmetal Matelassé Skirt (Item 20034; $148.00). That is right, that tear is smack-dab in the middle of her ... {ahem} derrière.

I thought it was pretty funny to see where that tear was too. As a woman with a pear-shape, I am always trying to draw attention away from my bottom half (specifically my fanny). Well not with this skirt! This skirts screams, "I see London, I see France! ..." and "girl, that skirt is too small for you!"

Did you notice that the skirt had a tear on the back side? Did you get this skirt? If so, notice any tears? ;)

12 comments:

  1. Soooo... can we assume the skirt has quality issues?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I do like the look of the skirt, though.

    (PS. The word fanny refers to a body part other than a bum in Australia and parts of Europe. TeeHee!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so funny. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki

    I had a British boyfriend who told me that on a trip to Disneyworld, he overheard a couple of American tourists walking behind him talking about their fanny packs...he said, at the time, he just couldn't imagine what that was or what function it performed! (The other thing that cracked him up was the "golden gobbler" football prize he heard referred to during a football game on Thansgiving Day!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. too funny!
    ...except, i've been eyeing this skirt and now this post has me asking the same q as Jeanne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's unfortunate! I did see this at my B&M and noticed that it a) was unlined and b) had virtually no 'give' to it. You'd have to size up just to be able to sit down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There was a huge update about 1.5 hours ago. item count went from 433 to 782. I got one of those stone bead necklaces I always wanted but never bought.

    AND there's a new code, 150SHIP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nikki,

    Yes, "that word" is not to be uttered in public in the U.K.! Either is "Holy Cow". Both have totally different and inappropriate meanings...I lived there for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This skirt is klassy with a K. Kudos to QC!

    Jeanne, I've been meaning to tell you how much I LOVE your tortie picture, she's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too funny. I love the skirt but wouldn't dare get it because I wouldn't want it to split.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)