Thursday, October 15, 2009

J.Crew Featured In Real Simple {thanks Mia!}

A big "thanks!" to Mia who was kind enough to let us know that J.Crew was featured in the recent Real Simple Magazine in their "Fall Clothes Shopping Made Simple: We pick the season’s best buys from the five stores you picked as your favorites" article written by Yolanda Wikiel (click here for more).

The item featured is a new arrival from J.Crew, the Tattered Silk-Cotton Tank and retails for, brace yourself... $178.00! {wowsa, look at that price tag!} According to J.Crew's website, this petal cami will become available in December 2009. The editors describe this cami as the following: "Ground this ethereal creation of weightless silk with a pencil skirt or bootcut jeans.". Okay, I am pretty sure I would look like some weird version of Big Bird in this top, but I do think it looks absolutely lovely! :)

Real Simple also features the Bailey Feather Patent Flats (Item 17479; $238.00). They describe these flats as: "Feathery flowers atop pale pink patent leather will make your closet of staples sing." I saw these flats in person at the Prince Street store (in NYC) and thought they were just delicious! Unfortunately, I worry about the safety of those feathery flowers. My immediate thought: another gorgeous pair of office shoes that cannot be worn outside. ;) Incidentally, these flats have been available online for awhile. Several sizes of these flats are already sold out online too!

What are your thoughts on the Petal Cami? Thoughts on the Bailey Feather Patent Flats? Have you see it at a store or tried them on?

9 comments:

  1. The flats look pretty in that picture. I've thought about them but worry about the feathers too.

    OT, the new catalog is loaded. Going through and I'm only to page 36 and getting perplexed. So, when did a tiered cami over a turtleneck become a good idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're using all the men's shirts. They forgot to do shirts and so they're taking the men's. Fine, I will too. Anyone have any ideas on where I can put my breasts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. *rofl* Laura, you are cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the petal cami. It needs to go on sale for me to buy it, but I think it's lovely. I can already think of lots of ways I'd wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely do not like the feathered cami...shoes are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this cami! I pre-ordered this cami a couple days ago, and was able to use the 20% off discount!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the shoes, they looked fantastic in the last catalog, but only so-so online so I didn't order (that, and the price tag/impracticality!) Now that I hear they are pretty in person, having a twinge of regret.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you could make the flats yourself get feathers at the craft store and put them on an inexpensive pair of flats

    wear them for the season

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm actually liking both items. I fear the shoes will not hold up like the glitter flats a few years back and the blouse I would need to try on and make sure it didn't add too much volume up top.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)