Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Madewell Email: This just in: Skinny Ankle Jeans + Boots

"Thanks!" to Marietta, who shared the following email/ promotion from Madewell (click here).

The email features the Skinny Ankle Jeans which are described as "perfectly slim and a little bit cropped– they're Fall's best jean for pairing with all your boots".

First, the outfit shown in the image looks amazing. I love the look– the colors of the scarf being picked up by the outer chocolate-brown cardigan, inner deep-sky blue cardigan, white tee, and even the crimson bracelet. Second, those pants are t-i-g-h-t! Even for, skinny jeans. They might as well be leggings. Third, is it just me or is the the Ankle Bootie (Madewells version retails for $198) everywhere this season? Almost every shoe designer has their version out for Fall. I have never been a fan ...until now. I actually really adore the look. And I am falling in love with J.Crew's version, the Metropolitan Suede Ankle Boots (Item 19995; $250.00). Especially after reading the great review (with IRL images) over at A Bigger Closet (refer to her "J.Crew Metropolitan Suede Ankle Boots, Plus an OOTD" post).

Moreover, they are offering 15% off purchases for students at their stores. To redeem the promotion, just show your student ID.

What are your thoughts on the Skinny Ankle Jeans and Ankle Boots? Do you like or dislike either style?

8 comments:

  1. The model looks great in the jeans, but I couldn't wear them. I will be wearing my J.Crew Matchsticks with ankle boots this year instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stalking the Cadogan ankle boots in the brown. I'm one of the few that actually like the ankle sox/bootie look, so hopefully I can pull it off! As for skinny jeans... the Gap has an awesome version with stretch for us that need a bigger size or are taller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FFM: I bet you will look fantastic in your matchsticks from J.Crew & ankle boots!!! :)

    Mags: The Cadogan ankle boots are great! I hope you get them. :) As for the Gap, I love their jeans. For some reason, they fit me much better than J.Crew's jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i find that jcrew's jeans (esp. bootcut) are more "mom-ish" (not to offend as i am a mom) and the rise is usually too long no matter what style i try. i do have some matchstick cropped jeans that fit me the best but they are still a bit loose in the body.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate the look, on both counts. I don't think that anyone looks good in jeans that tight! Leave something to the imagination, people.

    I also think ankle boots are weird looking... they cut you off at the ankle which does nothing to make your legs look long, etc. Just not flattering. I especially hate how they are featured on the models for seemingly every single item, with those heinous neon ankle socks... to me, that kind of styling really detracts from the items!

    I prefer JCrew's matchstick silhouette (in the cords only), or Madewell's rail straight silhouette. They have straight legs, but aren't skin tight. Quite flattering, I think. However, I agree with marisa that generally JCrew jeans are not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new Gap jeans. I had been looking for skinny jeans FOREVER to fit & flatter my regular (non-skinny) legs, to no avail. The ones at Gap are so flattering, and hey, for only $69? You know it!! (JC jeans have never fit me, btw.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alexis, do you own the Cadogan boots? I want to get them but my J Crew store doesn't carry shoes so I'd have to order them. If you do have them, would you tell me if they're comfy and true to size? Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gc11530: hi there! I don't own the cadogan boots. Sorry I can't help out more. But maybe another JCA does and can share her advice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)