Friday, June 5, 2009

Some {Potential} News For J.Crew B&M Stores

"Thanks!" to a couple of Aficionadas who shared some {fantastic} news that may relate to several J.Crew brick & mortar (B&M) stores.

First, "thanks!" to an anonymous Aficionada who let us know that her local J.Crew store manager told her they are expecting new items in the B&Ms next week. Moreover, the newest arrivals "will be more inclined to the fall collection and revolve largely around the navy color". This {wonderful} news was also confirmed by FabulousFloridaMommy over at her {great} blog (click here to read her post). How very exciting!!! :)

Second, "thanks!" to Preppy Sue (check out her great blog here), who let us know that her local store (in Providence, RI) is offering an all-day savings event of 20% off all purchases of $125+ next Thursday, June 11th. It's unclear if other stores are doing the same event. Preppy Sue offers some {great} advice to check with our local stores to see if they are offering a similar promotion too. :)

Have you heard any news concerning your local J.Crew B&M stores or stores in general? If so, please share! :)

15 comments:

  1. *cries* I'M NOT READY FOR FALL IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN SUMMER YET.

    I think that is what would kill me about working in anything related to the fashion industry- do they ever get to enjoy the moment?

    *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexis,
    I received an email from my PS inviting me to an after hours event where we can get 20% off 125.00. I imagine is like the one Slastena (see here: http://jcrewchick.blogspot.com/2009/03/dc-jca-event-at-pentagon-mall-3292009.html), and other wonderful bloggers had a few months ago.
    If anybody in San Diego is interested in attending let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard anything today even though I visited both San Francisco stores.

    I can't wait to see their striped boatneck tee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chloe,
    I agree. I could care less about fall stuff!!!! I want to live in the moment and enjoy summer:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GSP did have a lovely leather bag that could be a fall item.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a card in the mail announcing new summer items arriving June 10. No discount info. I'm hoping the brown with blue floral pencil skirt comes in and I can pick that up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am pretty over the summer collection, so bring on the fall. Yes, I know its barely June.

    I walked thru 2 JC stores yesterday and not one thing interested me. That probably just means I have bought way too much this spring ! Fall collections usually start trickling in when? End of July?

    Bring on the navy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love me some navy, but come on...can't we have some summer color to go with it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Desert Flower - My PS told me that skirt will not be available in stores, but who knows - sometimes they show up anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I love the navy, bring it on.

    I look forward to fall clothes all year 'round, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got that striped boatneck tee and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I talked to one of the girls at the Cherry Hill, NJ store - she said they will be putting the new arrivals out Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this coming week. I'm excited but I hate looking at Fall things in my closet when it's summer - mostly because then I want it to change seasons so I can wear the new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. JTS, thanks for the info. It may be an online only item. Either way, I want it! The print looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. JB i agree, too much spent within the last month or so, easily about a grand, its been fun splurging but ive gotta see something eye popping to open up the wallet anymore, let's see what the fall has in store...wait actually just hold off a few more wks. it is only june!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Today I heard this week's shipment is the last of summer. July will bring fall items. $0.02

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)