Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Madewell Email: The Brooklyn Flea is coming

"Thanks!" to Marietta who shared the following email from Madewell.

Madewell is hosting an event at one of their NYC stores where customers can "be the first to shop a custom-curated selection of vintage finds" from their "favorite outdoor market". J.Crew will even provide refreshments and a "special Madewell Microbrew".

This {amazing} event will take place on Thursday, June 25th from 6 to 8 PM. If you are interested, RSVP to nycevents@madewell1937.com.

Lastly, the location for this event is:
Madewell SOHO
468 Broadway (at Broome)
(212) 226-6954

I visited the new Madewell store in Farmington, CT this Sunday and walked away feeling "meh" about the store. However, an event like this would totally make me feel excited about re-visiting it. I am totally curious about what "vintage finds" they picked out too! :)

What are your thoughts on this event? Do you think this is a good marketing tool by J.Crew? Do you plan on attending the event? If so , please share! :)

5 comments:

  1. I love the Brooklyn Flea so I'm kind of intrigued but I am just not in love with Madewell's summer stuff. A lot of near misses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so jealous! i love vintage finds...too bad i'm not in new york :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems silly to have that at the store in SoHo, when going to the actual Brooklyn Flea is not that far away. I would just go to Brooklyn....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So...Madewell buys stuff from the flea market and resells it in their stores with a mark-up. I think it would be more fun to go to a flea market and find the cool stuff myself, which is half the fun anyway. Whatever...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with courtney_joy and SallyO! Also, I feel I have gotten "burned" by Madewell in the past when they send emails advertising their start of a "big sale" and then I've gone to the store to find the same small sale section as before their "big sale". So, I don't trust that this event will be that great. I suppose this is mainly for Manhattan-ers who can't bring themselves to take the "journey" to Brooklyn and dig through the flea stuff themselves - too much work. ; )

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)