Thursday, June 25, 2009

J.Crew Shorts Featured in Fitness Magazine

"Thanks!" to Em who was kind enough to not only let us know that J.Crew was featured in the recent Fitness Magazine, but also scanned the image for us to view. To view the image larger, click here or on the image itself.

The item featured is the Sunblocks-Print Shorts (Item 15013; $58.00, select colors $39.99 ) in "Dark Shell". According to J.Crew, these shorts are: "Sleek and chic, this simple cotton style is clad in a soft, eye-catching geometric print. Cotton with a hint of stretch. City fit—our lowest rise. Sits just above hip. Side zip. Front flap-pockets, on-seam pockets. 3" inseam". I am a big fan of cotton with some stretch!

Incidentally, "A Bigger Closet" blog has a {great} post (click here) reviewing these shorts. She shares the following: "The shorts I'm wearing are size 4. I sized up so I could wear them low on the hips for maximum length. These are short shorts, so I may end up letting the generous hem down on these for the extra inch of length...or I may not. It will really depend on how I feel in them when I move around. The shorts have a side zipper and pockets that arrive sewn shut but can easily be opened with a seam-ripper. The material is a heavyweight, sturdy washable cotton and the waistband doesn't have belt-loops on this style."

What are your thoughts on the shorts? Have you tried them on or own them? Would you recommend buying them? What are your thoughts on J.Crew's shorts in general? What length do you prefer?

11 comments:

  1. The first short I bought from JCrew in 2002 and/or 2003 were Tall shorts! I loved this. I bought every color they made that season....I still have them all. They even had adjustable, cute tabs on the waist. The fabric has held up well and not faded on all the colors as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Frankie shorts (I have in slate & khaki). Though a 3 inch inseam, they don't feel too short because the back is cut about a 1/2 inch longer than the front and with the stretch, it's very flattering on. I usually prefer belt loops on my shorts to accomodate weight fluctuations but I understand why they didn't put them on this style as it would interfere with the line of the vertical pockets.

    I tried on the sunblock print shorts and the 3" inseam on these made my legs feel overexposed, unlike the Frankie shorts. Not sure why -- maybe because they weren't cut slightly longer in the back or maybe they may have been cut wider on the hem. Too bad, because I like the print. If I see them at a B&M again, I may consider buying them and letting the hem down, as ABC suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3-inch inseams are just too short for me. I'm in my mid-30s and just feel that they make me look like I'm trying too hard :) And I agree with Cheryl, I feel exposed. The 4.5-inch inseam on the linen beach shorts is perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with feeling that the 3 inch inseam being too short. I'm not too toned, so I think the 5 inch is the perfect length. Cute pattern though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love J.Crew shorts, one of the things that they do really well IMO. I have quite a few pairs in various styles, lengths and fabrics.

    I swore I wouldn't purchase another pair this year but I caved when I saw Ema in the chambray beach shorts and bought those too. Very comfortable and soft, I've worn them a couple of times already, a nice addition to my summer casual wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought the sunblock print shorts on final sale, and they are not what I was expecting. On the J.Crew website, the print looks yellow and orange, which is what drew me to them - those are my favorite colors. In person, the colors are more like a mustard-y brown and a pale pink. The magazine picture is a more accurate idea of what they look like. I like the style of the shorts, though they are a little shorter than what I normally wear. I probably would have reconsidered purchasing these if I had seen what they look like in person though, because the picture on the J.Crew site is way off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This information has been very helpful thanks for sharing this post. Weight Bench

    ReplyDelete
  9. I personally like your article and thumbs up to you for sharing!
    Visit this and get your fitness accessories and clothes Sport and Leisure Discount codes

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoy your Post. Very creative and Wonderful.
    Aloe vera Gel

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)