Thursday, June 11, 2009

J.Crew Shoes Featured In Marie Claire

Some of J.Crew's latest arrivals are being featured in the latest issue of Marie Claire magazine. :)

The J.Crew items are the Claire Neon-Trimmed Leather Ballet Flats (Item 14742) and retail for $148.00. (Click here to view a larger image.) The magazine is promoting "high lights" in one's wardrobe, in order to "revolutionize fashion's gray scale with flashes of Technicolor neon brights".

J.Crew has already embraced the neon trend. In their latest catalog (click here to browse) they even had a page stating: "Pop art. This season's palette features heavenly hues, bright bursts of color, and new neons against a neutral backdrop, from hand-finished details to the absolute highest level of design. Each piece is a piece de resistance".

I remember rockin' the neon look in 4th and 5th grade- from scrunches, tees, to even my nail polish. It's hard to believe that neon colors are making their way back. That is because neon shades are very tricky to pull off. I agree with the advice offered by J.Crew and Marie Claire, that neons are best in small doses (i.e. a splash of neon with a neutral backdrop). As for the flats from J.Crew, they are cute- but not fabulous (and for $148- they should be fabulous flats). ;)

What are your thoughts on the Claire Neon-Trimmed Leather Ballet Flats (e.g. do you like/ dislike the colors)? Do you like the neon trend in general? How would you incorporate the neon style in your wardrobe?


Quick Poll: Are you a fan of the current "neon color" trend?

16 comments:

  1. I think we can blame Michael Kors for all the neon. His fall 2009 "city at night" inspired show was all about black & greys (asphalt, buildings) with the neon (lights).

    I like it this time around, but I didn't so much as a kid in the 80s. How weird is that? It seems different this time, more deliberate and refined (if you can say such a thing about neon).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana,

    That is weird that you don't mind it now! I am the opposite. It seemed fine in the 80's when I was in junior high and high school. I see lots of young teens/early 20's wearing the neon right now. If, and that is a BIG IF, I was to wear neon again it would be a belt or thin strap sandal. Maybe a jersey scarf if the neon was a pretty/toned down shade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a fan of neon, and the price is too steep for me, but for some reason, I like these (in grey). I think b/c I just like grey shoes, and the little pop of color brings more attention to them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SURPRISE is the code for free shipping through Sunday $150+

    ReplyDelete
  5. tastymoog,

    Ohhh! I love gray shoes too...esp. gray boots:) LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GENNY thanks for the code, I just used it to purchase Silk dupioni rosette dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I just posted some fab J.Crew pics on Pink Lemonade! Thought I would share!!

    http://pinklemonadedesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Genny - thanks for the code! I had just placed an order, but I called CS and they let me have an adjustment. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess a hint of neon would be okay but I am really not a big fan of this trend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I came accross the code SURPRISE for FS $150+ til Sunday. Have not tried it, hope it works... Have a great (shopping) weekend, JCAs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The ballet flats with the bright pink accent are kinda cute. The rest of it is either too gaudy or too boring. Who would buy those MB stilt boots for a grand? So trendy with the cut-out toe, may as well write the year on them in black marker.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very 80's, and not in a good way, if that is even possible...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tried the neon orange belt- really like orange tones in general, and I like them with gray, and this belt was very thin, but I just could not do it- too bright.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember having a few tshirts with neon, it was a pretty hot trend in CA where I was living at the time. I think I still have one of them that I sleep in...

    I actually love the flats, especially the brown with pink. I don't think I would wear neon anywhere else, though. Are they bright neon IRL? Has anyone seen them? It's hard to tell with online pics.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I WANT to love neon right now, Kors seems to have the best neon looks since they appear more refined. Not so much these shoes though, they look a little tacky.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)